05 Oct Rep. Van Winkle’s 2018 Highlights
While 2018 is still in full-swing, Representative Van Winkle has been busy serving Highlands Ranch.
- Increased Penalties against Human Traffickers
- Saved taxpayers money
- Passed the Working Families College Savings Act
- Passed Multi-Year Priority Budget Forecasting
- Successfully passed 15 bills with strong bi-partisan support
- Expanded K-12 and Higher Educational Opportunities
- New School Security Grant Program to prevent school violence ($30 Million)
- Big K-12 Funding increases (+$600 Million)
- Tackled PERA’s unfunded liabilities & Saved state from credit rating downgrade
- Fought to boost funding for roads and bridges without tax increase
For a complete list of highlights, please visit the Legislation page.